Physical Science Course Descriptions
- 1114 GENERAL PHYSICAL SCIENCE
- Introduction to physical science including physics, chemistry, geology, and meteorology; with laboratory.
- 1214 EARTH SCIENCE
- An introduction to geology, hydrology, meteorology, and astronomy; with emphasis on relevance to human society; with laboratory.
- 1414 GENERAL ASTRONOMY
- An introductory astronomy including early history, fundamentals of light and gravity, earth and the solar system, star fformation and death, galaxies and the cosmos. This course involes simple algebra to explain the methods and physical concepts which are used to provide an understanding of the modern view of the universe. Lab/observations included. (Prerequisite or corequisite: ACT Math of 19 or higher or MATH 1513 or MATH 1543)
- 5503 FOUNDATIONS OF THE STEM CLASSROOM
- Methods of inquiry and problem solving; impact of science and technology on civilizations, creativity, innovation, and future trends.